07.10.00, Stockholm, Sweden
Heino Heikki, email@example.com
I finally saw Purple again! The trip to Stockholm was
tough, I didn't sleep enough, and spent more money than I should have, but
it was worth it.
The gig started at 8 p.m. Jon introduced Paul Mann and
the Romanian symphony orchestra, and told that both gentle and not-so-gentle
music will be performed. I guess the set was the same as it was in
earlier dates, so I'll just say that
* Ted the Mechanic, Perfect Strangers, SOTW, and Dio's
Rainbow in the Dark were giggest crowd pleasers
* Wring That Neck really swung
* They played a bit too loud (or am I just getting
old...) At times it was almost impossible to hear the Orchestra.
* Sports halls like Globen aren't the best possible
places for concerts like this
* I just wonder how they can afford this short tour.
It just can't be profitable, transporting an entire orchestra and
It was great to see other Purple fans both before and
after the gig. You
really made the weekend a lot more enjoyable -
especially the loooong
11-hour trip from Stockholm to Turku. You know who you
are - thanks!
WWW . DEEP-PURPLE . RU